Crawling insects, such as cockroaches, aren’t just unpleasant to look at, they carry a range of serious illnesses, including salmonella and dysentery. The distress and irritation caused by insect bites can be very high and can put adults, children and pets at risk, as well as wreaking havoc on your property.
As fully trained professionals, Insect Free pest technicians provide expert pest control services and advice on how to get rid of pests, so you can relax.
When rats and mice get indoors, they not only create a nuisance, they damage property, contaminate food, and transmit diseases. Therefore, effective control methods are essential.
If you see evidence of rats or mice in your home, be it the animals themselves, faint brown greasy trails left by oily rat hair, or droppings, then you need rodent control from Insect Free Pest Control Services. We have a variety of highly effective ways to rid you property of rodents and will use the best method to suit your particular circumstances.
It may seem odd to brand birds as pest but, while they are loved by many people, birds can also be harmful irritants to property or indeed, to people. They can cause damage to buildings and agriculture environments, although many issues are due to poor planning and/or design. At Insect Free Pest Control Services our team of experts will study the problem and develop a plan of action to address the particular issue faced by each client.
Insect Free is committed to environmentally sound methods of bird control, including the use of netting, spikes, electric shock and other bird deterrents. We will address each bird problem by looking at the particular species of bird before taking action.
- Defacement: Bird droppings frequently deface public and privately-owned buildings, as well as machinery, tools, structural timbers and clothing. Accumulated moist droppings may serve as a medium for fly breeding and development.
- Property damage: Droppings may stop up gutters and downpipes, causing roofs to leak. Roofing life can also be cut dramatically by prolonged bird usage. The droppings can be responsible for rust and corrosion and the uric acid content can mar the paint on automobiles, machinery and buildings.
- Disease potential: Some virulent diseases can be spread by pest birds and some important fungal diseases are closely linked with bird droppings, which serve as a disease reservoir.
- Associated pests: Certain insects, mites and ticks capable of affecting the well-being of humans and animals can be found living on birds or in their nests.
- Contamination of food and feed: Pest birds may not directly consume much food, but they are capable of contaminating vast amounts. Livestock feed and food contaminated by droppings, feathers, ectoparasites, debris from birdsâ€™ nests and dead birds must be discarded, thus increasing costs.
- Depredation of crops: Some pest birds, including some native species, may cause severe damage to growing crops. They may also feed on garden produce and stored grain.
- Noise: Starlings in particular can create a considerable disturbance when roosting together. This exasperating noise may prevent people from sleeping.
- Safety hazard: Gregarious birds which form large flocks can become hazardous to aviation, whilst accumulated bird droppings on footpaths, steps and fire escapes may make them hazardous to pedestrians.
- Displacement of native birds: Colourful native birds are often compelled to leave an area when incapable of competing against aggressive pest species for food and nesting sites.
Bedbugs are irritating blood-feeding insects that hide in cracks and crevices and come out at night to feed. Bedbug populations have grown world-wide, possibly due to changes in pesticide use, a lack of knowledge of bedbugs in the pest control industry, the second-hand furniture trade and increased international travel.
These blood-feeding insects prefer to bite humans but will also feed on other warm-blooded animals. They will hide (and lay eggs) in a variety of household objects close to where humans sleep, such as mattresses, bed frames, furniture, behind skirting boards, loose wallpaper and floorboards, and in cracks and crevices of walls.
Bedbugs often make their presence known through continuous biting and irritation. Some people do not react to bites, while others show a delayed response (up to nine days) or an immediate response, with great discomfort and loss of sleep. Heavy bed bug infestations are often associated with a distinctive sickly sweet smell and blood spotting may be evident on mattresses and/or bedding and nearby furniture.
Can bed bugs make me sick?
While bed bugs can be quite irritating, they are not known to transmit disease. Intense itching of the bites can result in a secondary skin infection in severe cases.